There aren't any users online.
"These were more noble ... , in that they received the Word with allreadiness of mind and searched the Scriptures daily to see whether those things were so." - Acts 17:11
Welcome to the Bible Students Forum!
A place to dialogue about God's Divine Plan of the Ages. To inquire of the original Bible Students, about our beliefs, practices and history.
The Bible Students were founded in the 1860s via the ministry of Pastor Charles Taze Russell. "Charles Taze Russell you say? Isn't he the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses?" To that we answer "no!" Not directly, he did give birth to the Watch Tower Society, but it was the Society after his death that founded the Jehovah's Witnesses, while the original Bible Students separated due to doctrinal and organizational changes.
We have no animosity towards our Jehovah's Witnesses friends, we wish them well, and invite them, both current and former members to join us in dialogue, breaking bread and discuss God's Plan of salvation.We welcome ALL, regardless of denominational ties to dialogue with us.
The Bible Students as a whole are a fragmented group, adhering to various doctrinal positions, some liberal, others conservative in their views of Pastor Russell's writings.
The sponsors of this forum and website take a very conservative view. We strive to be steadfast in presenting the Truth and proclaim only the "meat in due season" as served by our returned Lord through the Seventh Messenger, Pastor C.T. Russell. We are in full harmony with the doctrinal teachings and principles presented in the six volumes of "Studies in the Scriptures", Tabernacle Shadows and their respective forwards, as well as other writings of the Pastor.
We hold to the following:
1. That Pastor Russell is "that servant" of Matthew 24:45-47.
2. That our Lord has been present since the beginning of His Second Advent in 1874.
3. That the Church has part in the sin-offering (Romans 6: 10-13), but no part in the ransom.
4. That the True Church "the little flock," is developed under the Sarah feature of the Abrahamic Covenant.
5. That there will be a secondary class, "the great company," consisting of spirit-begotten brethren, prospective members of The Christ, who through carelessness or lack of zeal will receive a lesser spiritual reward.
6. That if we expect to reign with Christ in the Kingdom, we must suffer with Him here for His cause. (2 Timothy 2:12).
7. That the Times of Restitution (Acts 3: 20-21) began with the thousand year reign of our Lord in 1874, and that Resurrection and Mediation for the world of mankind will begin after the inauguration of the New Covenant by The Christ, Head and Body, glorified.
We do however recognize as Brethren (1) All who accept our Lord Jesus Christ as their Redeemer, (2) Who profess full consecration to the doing of our Heavenly Father's Will (as stated by our Lord Jesus in Hebrews 10:7, 9) and (3) Whose conduct and attitude support this profession of faith (as shown in Hebrews 10:22-24).
It is therefore our mutual task and joy to prove all things by the Word of God and to HOLD FAST that which is good.
We invite ALL Bible Students to dialogue. We ask only that you follow the guidelines as presented in the registration form.
Today at 07:04:33 AM by RR
Views: 22 | Comments: 0
As I stated in the past, a new site associated with The Harvest Messenger has been added, titled "Millennial Messengers". It is a site dedicated to preserving of the history of Pastor Russell and the Bible Students. It is still in the works, a...
June 15, 2013, 07:56:04 AM by Elizheva
Views: 33 | Comments: 0
When I saw the picture of the frog, it reminded me that creation sprang forth via the spoken word. How fitting that the frog is a male.
June 11, 2013, 06:49:48 AM by mikeg
Views: 118 | Comments: 2
I saw this interesting clip of Anthony Morris talking about all the dead bodies at Armageddon he said be like roasting hot dogs on a grill black and splitting open scary he says be numbed to all of it he was in Vietnam he brings out guess he got a...
Pages:  2
No calendar events were found.
No calendar events were found.